Add Glam With Mirrors
Create Drama, Style, and Space!
Are you hosting a holiday party and need to dress up your décor? Do you want to add some drama to a non-descript space or room? That’s easy – add a mirror custom framed with a touch of glamour!
Mirrors can do many things…
Mirrors & Space
A floor to (almost) ceiling mirror can make a room look taller. If you place a mirror at the end of a hall, the hall will appear longer. Placed in an entry, the mirror can visually double the space. Mirrors creating space work especially well in small rooms such as dressing rooms and bathrooms.
Mirrors & Light
Looking for a natural way to add light to your room? A mirror can do that! Place the mirror where the light naturally falls in a particular room to increase illumination.
Another trick is placing the mirror adjacent to a window (opposed to opposite it). Voila! More light! What about rooms that have few or no windows, like a dressing room or an entry? Place a lamp or sconce adjacent to or in front of the mirror to double its lighting effect. For a glamour, hang a chandelier, but keep the wattage down for mood lighting. Remember, the larger the mirror, the more light!
Mirrors & Size
One of the biggest mistakes when creating a mirror is going too small! A mirror needs to be large enough to…
- Reflect your face (and perhaps outfit)
- Reflect a scene or a view
- Bring in light
- Make a statement
Small mirrors work when you are framing several smaller mirrors together to hang as a grouping – more of a decorative look. If we are building this mirror for you, it will be the exact size you need it to be.
Mirrors & Hanging
The center of framed art is usually hung at eye level, or about 60” above the floor. The rules for mirror placement are a little different:
- A mirror needs to be hung so that it gives the best reflection. Is it in a hallway or entry? Hang it at eye-height so that you can check yourself as you pass it.
- In a living space, it is dependent on where it will be hung. If it is above a fireplace mantel, generally, not more than 12” above the mantel. If it is going behind a sofa, don’t hang so high that there is a disconnect between the two. Create a group feel.
- Lastly, think about what it will be reflecting. If it is opposite a blank wall, hang a piece of art so that the mirror reflects that. If it is the beautiful mountain view outside, hang the mirror at a height that shows the whole view. Depending on what a mirror reflects, it can become a work of art in itself.
- Looking for glamour with a kick? Frame several small mirrors in different frames and hang as a grouping.
Mirrors & Frames
When choosing a frame for a glamourous look, the tendency is to go toward silver or metallic frames, similar to the ‘Hollywood Glam’ style. In this example, three frames were used to create complexity and the beveled edge adds to the drama.
Silver has long been the choice for a glamour look, but don’t rule out darker coloring. This mirror was framed using a deep brown frame with rich gold edging. Nothing says ‘Look at me’ more than gold!
A dressing room or bathroom is the perfect place to add glam and to show off the beautiful you! This mirror was framed with a pink-hued gold to blend with the other pink tones in the décor. When you walk in this bathroom, all you see is what’s in the mirror, beautifully framed.
Do you need a mirror or have a mirror that needs to be re-framed? We can advise you on the best frame choices!
How to Create a Glamourous Mirror
- Determine which room(s) need a mirror.
- Do you need more light? More space? More glamour?
- Take a picture of the space; Measure the space.
- Take additional pictures of the room décor.
- Come to us – we’ll help you design the perfect mirror, with the exact measurements.
- We’ll even install it for you!
Holiday Hours & Project Schedule
The holidays are already here, and we don’t want your project to be late! Below are our holiday hours so that you can give your gift on Christmas Day!
Thanksgiving Day: Closed
December 24th: 10am-1pm
December 25th, 26th and 27th: Closed
New Years Day: Closed
We will be accepting new holiday framing projects & shadowboxes until December 21st.
We will be framing holiday projects & shadowboxes up to December 24th.
Small Business Saturday
Small businesses are at the core of every successful neighborhood, and because of these unprecedented times, now more than ever local businesses need your support. Shop small!
Delivery & Installation
Mirrors are big and heavy. They can be tricky to hang properly to support the weight. We would love to hang your new mirror for you. Ask us for more details.