What’s Your Style Identity?
Your design preferences make up your own personal style!
We all have a style identity when it comes to interior design. You know what you like, but you might not know the name or the specific characteristics of that style. Have fun answering a few questions to find out what your style is.
- Does your house look like an English garden or a beach house?
- Do you love the casual look as opposed to straight lines?
- Do you enjoy natural light to indoor lighting?
- Would you rather be outdoors or at the beach instead of inside?
- Does city-living appeal to you?
- Do you like the linear look of urban architecture?
- Do you have suspended lamps with Edison bulbs in your home?
- Do you like bare building materials in old factories and converted lofts?
- Do you read about art and know furniture designers’ names?
- Are you a fan of low sleek furniture with style and comfort?
- Did you have a serious addiction to Mad Men?
- Would you describe yourself as simple and uncomplicated?
Your Style is: Mid-Century Modern
Characteristics: Clean, often curved lines mixed with simple geometric shapes. There usually is a variety of materials (woods, metals, plastics) used in this design.
Color Palette: Background earthy neutrals (browns & grays) paired with bright, bold colors such as oranges, chartreuse, pink and blues.
- Do you prefer simple design with clean lines and geometric patterns?
- Do you believe ‘less is more’?
- Would you describe yourself as organized, methodical and efficient?
- Is your home free of clutter?
- Do you appreciate history and tradition?
- Does your home have a “timeless” look?
- Are you a planner who rarely acts on impulse?
- Do you prefer stately color palettes and elegant furnishings?
- Are you trendy, yet classic and chic?
- Do you love to shop at the Flea market for well-loved décor items?
- Do you have more seating than you need because you love to entertain?
- Is your home known for its warmth and simplicity?
- Is The Great Gatsby your favorite book or movie?
- Do you love rich metallics and sumptuous fabrics?
- Is your home filled with stylized geometric patterns?
- Do your friends describe you as glamorous?
Your Style is: Art Deco / Hollywood Glam
Characteristics: Bold and opulent, yet elegant and functional. Angular, geometric forms are common, and fabrics have exotic patterns or high-shine finishes. Deeply colored polished wood, often with a lacquer finish, is frequently paired with metallic accents.
Color Palette: Accents of deep yellows, reds, greens, blues and pinks, offset by softer colors of creams and beiges.
Frames shown are an example of what may be available.
Still not sure what kind of frame you want?
Let us help!
Our designers know how to match your art to the perfect frame for your style.
Want more fun? Take this
Style Identity Quiz!